2018 Benefit Dinner = SUCCESS!
Our fifth annual benefit dinner and silent auction, "An Evening for the Stars," took place in Baltimore on April 28. It was a success! We thought last year that it was the biggest and best yet--but (to our delight) we were wrong. This year's "An Evening for the Stars" was even bigger and better!
Some new features this year included the following:
- A new venue!
- Highlighting our sponsors in an eco-friendly manner with an electronic program
- A new photo booth backdrop customized with the Starfish logo
- Implanting our presence in the 21st century with a Snapchat filter
Meanwhile, this is how much "An Evening for the Stars" accomplished to garner support for our programming in Guayaquil, Ecuador:
- Over $110,000 was raised from sponsorships, program ads, ticket sales, and silent auction proceeds. This is a 35% increase from last year!
- We had 218 dinner attendees. It's an all-time record, and well over last year's tally of 150!
- Over 170 silent auction items were sold in person and online. This is 13% more than last year!
Did you enjoy "An Evening for the Stars" so much that you're eagerly awaiting next year? Did you miss the benefit dinner, and want to make sure you can join us next year? Don't fear! We already have a date for you to mark on your calendars. Furthermore, this magical evening will return to the same location--we enjoyed it so much this year!
Saturday, April 27, 2019
6:00 to 10:00 p.m.
Red Lion Hotel North Baltimore
2004 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, Maryland 21093